Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy 2009

I'm writing from the future. Ta-da! ... (Well, if you're reading this over in America, then I'm writing from the future.... if you're reading this as a member of my family, then I'm writing from another room in the house...). But yes, that's right - on this side of the international date line, it's 2009. And I gotta tell ya - it's looking good.

I always love the first day of a new year, but today, I'm in an especially good mood. I feel like this is a year to take back some control and make some good and exciting things happen. A year when I can be more pro-active than re-active. Life offers so many wonderful experiences and opportunities, and it's just a matter of deciding where you want to go, and the kind of person you want to be. There's so many things that I want to do and be and I'm glad for another chance. Another new start.

So welcome, 2009. I've very pleased to have you here!

xo Tammy

5 comments:

James said...

You're right - 2009 looks AWESOME! I reckon it'll be the best year ever, yay!!! :) xo

Tammy Lorna said...

Thanks for writing on my blog abby :)

(I get depressed when no one does! haha!)

Erika Hill said...

Look, a comment! :)

2009 looks pretty good for me, but a bit busier than I've grown accustomed to. I'm working on my application for graduate school in the Media Education program here so if/when I get in I'll be getting backing into the taking classes mode (which I love). I'm still teaching with Amy, and running Hands on a Camera, and it's great!

As you most likely noticed, we just bought a house, and we've been having a good time decorating and painting. We're still hoping that at some point we'll add some more members to our family to fill up some of the bedrooms, but it's all in the Lord's hands.

When I'm not at the office, I spend my days sitting on the love seat in my living room with my puppy who can literally spend three straight hours looking out the window. During this time I am sometimes a toy to chew on, sometimes something to snuggle, and sometimes a set of stairs on the way to the window (the latter is, unfortunately, the most common). She is starting to get quite curious as to what this thing that's always on my lap is, and she occasionally makes it difficult to type or tries to add her own contributions (today, she has discovered the capslock key three times, and it takes me a few moments to realize it..). It's amazing how person-like a dog can become when it's just you and the dog alone all day.

Sometime I really want to hear the manhole story. :)

emilysuze said...

I love that you wrote to us from the future! lol Everyone made it to the new year before I did...being on the West Coast stinks!

Good luck with your goals for this new year and I can't wait to read new and exciting posts from you and Abby. :)

Jennsie said...

Well we are into January and so far soo good. It's exciting but scary to think what might await us this year. Just have to be positive!

By the way, I've posted the pictures of my brothers wedding on my blog. :) I've become such a slacker with my blog of late. I will improve :)