Monday, August 15, 2011

Abandon Ship!

Okay, for several different reasons (including the rats in the roof, the smells, the dead rat (or worlds largest hairball shaped EXACTLY like a rat... but we're pretty sure it was a dead rat) I pulled out of my shower drain the other week, the worlds dodgiest real estate agents, and the plague of horse flies that are coming down through the vents from the roof where they're obviously feeding on whatever the rats left behind (we've all become expert horse-fly-killing-machines!)).... We have decided not to renew our lease.

We're moving on Wednesday!

It's an old house with granny carpet and cork floors (which I don't like at all), so it's not nearly as nice as the current one. But it's got great views and awesome decks and verandas, it's 4 times the size, it's a little cheaper per person, and it (fingers crossed) doesn't have any rats!

*please, everyone, knock on wood*

Watch this space for photos, and wish us luck!

xo Tammy

8 comments:

Bec said...

Luck Tammy!!

Ignore the cork floors and look out the window I say!! :)

Jess said...

I'm glad you are moving away from an infested house. Hopefully you should have more peace and quiet.

Can't wait to come and see it!

Love Jessima

Beth and Robbie said...

Woohoo! You will make the house beautiful I know.
Hope it's a great new experience!
Can't wait to see it :)
Love you! xoxo

Abby said...

Bahahahaha!!! :)

I'm glad you left that place - it was super new but super budget.

I LOVE the new house!! The big deck, the awesome party areas!!! As long as you don't look below the level of the skirting boards it's perfect!! - I don't know who thought of the cork floors and carpet lol :)

It was a rat.

Abby said...

So post about your cool party house already!! xx

Kara said...

Good luck with the move Tammy!

Sandy M. said...

Lucky you are such a good swimmer! :) I'm glad it's been a good move!
xoxo

Felicity said...

So glad you have left that place!!!! Can't wait to see pictures of your new home! And while new houses might be nice and 'modern', I LOVE the character that only old homes seem to possess, especially ones with big verandahs!!!

xo